Sunday, May 5, 2013

CINCO OMYO!

For April Allrecipes asked the Ambassadors to use and evaluate two new products and I am happy to report that both exceeded my expectations.  The first was Herdez's new line of cooking sauces, which I will say more about later since the project continues in June.  The other was Sauza SilverTequila, who asked us to show how we celebrated a girl's night in with our girlfriends.

Try as I might, I couldn't get a group of my friends together for this project due to schedule conflicts, illness, and other obligations.  So I hit on the idea of entertaining my daughter and son in law, son and his girl friend, and niece and her husband for a pre-season afternoon at the beach.  It was a tough sell, but they proved themselves troopers!

Even though I only have to take the elevator down to ground level and turn left from the front door to get there, this required logistical planning NASA would have envied.  You see, alcohol is strictly forbidden on any public beach in town, one of the few laws religiously enforced.  I have never felt the need to skirt that particular ordinance before and really have no idea why I chose this occasion.  Perhaps it had to do with it being late April and still only in the high 40s, when all of us were ready for warmer weather.  I enlisted my son as my bartender since he actually has experience at that endeavor.  He concocted several Margarita recipes cleverly hidden in Thermoses.     

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-simple-sauza-margarita/detail.aspx


Now my family can't socialize for more than 10 minutes without food so I assembled goodies to tide us over until dinner.  Another AR member, named Zevon introduced me to Buffalo Cauliflower Bites through her blog

Cat Hill also inspired me with her warm dip

And I whipped up my son's favorite cross between guacamole and hummus

We were bundled up against the wind, but we enjoyed a few hours on the almost deserted beach, eating, drinking, catching up and just enjoying each other's company.  In my opinion, this is the best way to entertain.

 Disclaimer


I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com.


Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews by BigShotsMom. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of BigShotsMom.






No comments:

Post a Comment