Monday, April 7, 2014

AHA!


Don't you just love it when someone shows you multiple uses for things you have always used just one way?  After I finish smacking myself for not thinking of at least some of them I feel like I have gotten a gift.  That is what happened this month with our sponsor, Reynolds Kitchens®.

They are not all about aluminum foil anymore, they make all sorts of nifty time savers for the kitchen, from waxed paper to crockpot liners.  But the one that impressed me the most and gave me an AHA! moment is their baking parchment, which I already used as a pan liner for baking.  If you visit their site www.reynoldskitchens.com you will learn some timesaving tricks too.

But the one that will be used most often in my kitchen is the new parchment sheets.  They are the size of a full sheet pan and lay flat immediately.  I no longer will flour my counter and have a mess to clean up.  Just open a sheet and roll pie crusts, knead bread or biscuits, even roll meatballs.  But my AHA! came when I realized that with a sheet of parchment and a few staples, I had made a custom size bread bag, perfect for transporting or keeping homemade bread.  No condensation forms like in plastic bags but the bread is protected from drying out.  Perfect!  My smaller aha! came when I removed the loaf of rye from the oven and realized the bottom crust was as crisp as the top without returning it to the oven, it had been baked on a parchment lined pan.  This will change my bread baking for sure.


There was fun there too.  We made great sugar cookies.  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/karens-rolled-sugar-cookies/detail.aspx
  

And an amazing snack mix


    


So, hustle on down to the store and avail yourself of this great time saver!



 Disclaimer

I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. 

Products received from advertisers are only used for experienced-based reviews by BigShotsMom. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are the sole opinions of BigShotsMom.






8 comments:

  1. Hi Cat, yes I amazed myself with how well that works. Plastic bags made my bread get moldy fast, and I don't much like refrigerated breads. The elderly gentleman who buys my bread called it a bread condom! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, BigShotsMom. I really like the parchment sheets. I haven't seen the sheets in our store here in CO. yet. I use parchment paper, but just hate cutting it to fit the pan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Reynolds new cupcake liners. Muffins and cupcakes will NOT stick to them. Now pass the bread and butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lela, I saw the sheets in the supermarket here for the first time this past weekend. I didn't mind cutting the parchment but keeping it from rolling up is a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie, thanks for taking time to visit. I found the Reynolds jumbo muffin cups a while back they were perfect for a bake sale. I surprised myself by how many of their products I have, 3 kinds of foil, wax paper, and small, medium and jumbo muffin cups and of course, the parchment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gonna look for those parchment sheets. I'm so sloppy with my prep (for anything ) that they may be a great slop catcher. Of course, my wife may just use them for her baking- as long as I buy them.

    ReplyDelete